John Weston (ex UK diplomat)
Sir John Weston (13 April 1938) joined the Board of British Telecom on 1 October 1998, and the board of Rolls-Royce too. He has lived and worked in Europe, the USA and Asia during his Diplomatic Service career. In London he was Deputy Secretary to the Cabinet and Political Director in the Foreign Office. He served as British Ambassador to NATO 1992 to 1995, and subsequently as British Ambassador to the United Nations in New York until he retired in July 1998. He is also a non-executive director of Hakluyt & Co and honorary president of the UK-wide Community Foundation Network. Chairman of Governors of Sherborne School and Honorary Fellow of Worcester College Oxford. He is was former non-executive director of BT Group plc from 1998 to 2002. Age 65 (in 2003). 
- Foreign Office officer 1962-1998.
- United Kingdom Ambassador to NATO 1992-1995.
- Ambassador to the United Nations, sitting on the Security Council, 1995-1998.
- Non-executive director of BT Group plc from 1998 to 2002.
- Director of Rolls-Royce since 1998.
- Governor of the Ditchley Foundation.
- Non-executive director of Hakluyt & Co Ltd., a private intelligence group set up and managed by former or present MI6 agents.
- Member of the the International Institute for Strategic Studies in London.
- Honorary President of the Community Foundation Network (UK).
- Chairman of Governors of Sherborne School, and
- Honorary Fellow of Worcester College Oxford.
- Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George.
- Pilgrims Society