John Bolton is a leading neocon and the current US ambassador to the UN. He is the winner of Zionist Organization of America's 2006 Defender of Israel Award – given to him for the role he played in undermining the "Zionism is Racism" declaration at the United Nations Anti-Racism conference in Durban, South Africa.
- Friends of Israel Initiative – founder member 
- Project for the New American Century
- Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA)
- Manhattan Institute
- MEMRI - Board of Advisors
- National Policy Forum
- New Atlantic Initiative
- American Enterprise Institute – senior vice president for policy (2001)
- Federalist Society
- Pamela Geller - Bolton endorse Geller's blog "Atlas Shrugs"
- National Council of Resistance of Iran
- Tom Barry, Israel's Man at the UN, International Relations Center, 26 July 2006.
- PDF Copy of The Friends of Israel Initiative > About > Founder Members <http://www.friendsofisraelinitiative.org/about-advisors.php> created 15 July 2010.
- Pamela Geller, "About", Atlas Shrugs, accessed on 23 November 2010
- NCRI, "International legal symposium in defense of Ashraf", National Council of Resistance of Iran, 5 December 2010, accessed on 21 December 2010