- 22.09.2004 / 13.07.2009 : Delegation to the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee
- 20.07.2004 / 13.07.2009 : Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats) and European Democrats
- 21.07.2004 / 14.01.2007 : Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection
- 15.09.2004 / 21.09.2004 : Delegation to the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee
- 15.01.2007 / 30.01.2007 : Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection
- 31.01.2007 / 13.07.2009 : Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection
- 22.07.2004 / 14.01.2007 : Committee on Constitutional Affairs
- 15.01.2007 / 30.01.2007 : Committee on Constitutional Affairs
- 31.01.2007 / 13.07.2009 : Committee on Legal Affairs
- 10.05.2007 / 04.02.2009 : Temporary Committee on Climate Change
Record and Controversies
Declaration of Financial Interests
- Nothing to declare.
Record of Parliamentary Votes
- Degree in public law. Graduate of the Lyons Institute of Political Studies. Graduate of ENA (National School of Administration) (1965).
- Senior administrator, head of the office of the Prefect of Pyrénées-Atlantiques (1965-1968).
- Member of ministerial private offices (1968-1974).
- Technical adviser in the office of the Prime Minister, Jacques Chirac (1974-1976).
- Adviser to the President of the Republic (1997).
- RPR national delegate with responsibility for elections (1976-1978).
- Deputy Secretary-General with responsibility for elections (1978-1981).
- Secretary-General of the RPR (1984-1988).
- Member of the RPR Higher Committee 'Man and Society' (1990).
- Deputy Mayor of Paris and Mayor of the 12th arrondissement of Paris (1983-2001).
- Councillor, 19th arrondissement of Paris (since 2001).
- Member of the National Assembly for the 19th constituency of Paris (1981-1988).
- Member of the National Assembly for the 10th constituency of Paris (1988-1997).
- Chairman of the National Assembly's Committee on Laws (1986-1988).
- Minister for Culture and the French-Speaking World (1993-1995).
- Keeper of the Seals, Minister for Justice (1995-1997).
- President of Club 89 (since 1993).
- Chairman of the Council of Europe's Eurimages Fund (2002).
- Chairman of the preparatory group for the National Centre for Immigration History (Cité nationale de l'Histoire de l'immigration).
- European Parliament, Déclaration des Intérêts financiers des députés: Jacques Toubon, 06 January 2008, accessed 30 March 2009.
- European Parliament, MEP Directory: Jacques Toubon, accessed 30 March 2009.
- European Parliament, MEP Directory: Jacques Toubon, accessed 05 December 2010.