Andrea Leadsom after she was appointed in July 2016.  He was previously special adviser to the former UK environment secretary Owen Paterson from 2012 until Paterson was replaced by Elizabeth Truss as minister in the July 2014 cabinet reshuffle.
CareerRobinson previously worked at lobbyist Lynton Crosby's UK firm Crosby Textor Fullbrook until September 2012. 
For his role as special adviser to Liz Truss, Robinson was paid an annual salary of £60,000. 
See: Fracking Spads
- Melissa Jones and Andy Rowell, Access all areas: Westminster's (vast) fracking lobby exposed, 29 April 2015.
- Westbourne Communications special advisers map, Westbourne Communications, accessed 5 December 2016.
- James Lyons, Lynton Crosby: New claims as energy lobbying firm's ex-staff man gets top Government job, Mirror.co.uk, 25 July 2013
- Matt Cartmell Guy Robinson appointed DEFRA special adviser PR Week, 21 September 2012, Accessed 10 September 2014
- Special advisers in post, 30 November 2014 GOV.UK, accessed 29 April 2015