Government Affairs Group
The Government Affairs Group (GAG) is a UK industry association for communication and public affairs professionals. It is a sectoral group of the UK Chartered Institute of Public Relations, the representative body of the UK public relations industry. It is possible to join GAG without being a member of the CIPR.
It has been renamed CIPR Public Affairs.
GAG members are not only 'lobbyists' but include communication professionals who have regular dealings with government in its widest sense. This includes all levels of government such as at Westminster or Whitehall, at the institutions of the European Union, or in the devolved parliaments and assemblies: Northern Ireland Assembly, Scottish Parliament or Welsh Assembly.
Members of GAG can be in-house, freelance or consultancy-based. Their work covers all aspects of public affairs and is not limited to lobbying. Members of GAG can work for government agencies, provide services to government or write about government. All members of GAG are bound by a Code of Conduct, agreed at the 2003 AGM. 
- Simon McVicker, chairman. Head of public affairs at the PCG since January 2009, former research assistant to Christopher Chope MP, team leader in John Major's campaign team at the 1992 General Election, a councillor in London, Ealing from 1990 to 1994 and on the Conservative's Candidates' list from 1990 to 1995.
- John Letizia, vice chair. Director of public affairs and CSR at Unum. Former head of public policy at Lloyds Banking Group and speechwriter to the chairman and the director of government affairs at the British Bankers Association.
- Victoria Parker, vice chair. Currently works for Insight. Former parliamentary researcher to Conservative MP [[[David Amess]].
- Vernon Hunte, treasurer. Supported the Rt Hon Keith Vaz MP, chairman of the home affairs committee, heading the parliamentary office, former public affairs manager of the Institution of Civil Engineers and established Horseferry Public Affairs in 2012.
- Stuart Holland, secretary. Public affairs manager at Unum.
- Paul Beckford, membership secretary. Joined Cogitamus in 2007 and currently works as their anchor at Westminster.
- Donna Castle. Director of public affairs and communications at the Proprietary Association of Great Britain.
- Rachael Clamp. Has public affairs experience at B2B and Northrop Grumman.
- Nusin Ergun.
- Dominic Gates. Parliamentary affairs manager at the Industry and Parliamentary Trust
- Sarah McMonagle.
- Ursula Servis. Account manager at Cicero Group.
Former committee members
- Jonathan Bracken - Chairman / Partner, Bircham Dyson Bell
- Simon Gordon MIPR - Vice Chairman / Public Affairs Consultant
- Lionel Zetter FIPR - Vice Chairman / Managing Director, PMS Group plc
- Elizabeth Brogan - Membership Secretary / Policy Officer, National Landlords Association
- Robert Khan - Secretary / Parliamentary & Public Affairs Manager Association of London Government
- Keith Johnston - AMIPR Treasurer / Communications Manager, Society of Trust & Estate Practioners
- Louisa Stevens - Policy Executive, English Community Care Association
- George Crozier - Website Secretary / Senior Politcal Advisor, Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Resource Centre
- Deborah Powton - FIPR FRSA / Director, Sam Weller Associates (PR)
- Daniel Murphy - Events Secretary / Public Affairs Manager, National Care Standards Commission
- Phil Murphy - Head of European Public Affairs, Advertising Association
Government Affairs Group - http://www.governmentaffairsgroup.org