George Galloway was the Labour Party Member of Parliament (MP) for Glasgow Hillhead from 1987-1997 and Glasgow Kelvin from 1997-2005 and the Respect MP for Bethnal Green and Bow from 2005 to 2010 and Bradford West from 2012 to 2015.
Expulsion from the Labour Party
After losing his seat, Galloway said:
- 'I don’t begrudge the Labour members here their moment of celebration of course.
- 'But there will be others who are already celebrating: the venal, the vile, the racists and the Zionists will all be celebrating.'
In 2014 The Guardian listed Galloway as the MP with the third greatest outside earnings. Galloway registered media work between April 2013 and November 2014 with payments totalling £303,350  Galloway earnt a considerable amount of this from Associated Press,for four television programmes a month for Russia Today, from Al-Mayadeen TV, Beirut, for presenting two television programmes per month and from LBP TV who pay him for a weekly news show for Press TV. 
- Sourcewatch George Galloway
- Parliament.UK George Galloway, accessed 22 May 2015.
- BBC News Galloway expelled by Labour, 24 October 2003, accessed 22 May 2015.
- Matthew Tempest Anti-war coalition looks to the future Guardian, 23 January 2004, accessed 22 May 2015.
- BBC News 2005 Result: Bethnal Green & Bow, accessed 22 May 2015.
- BBC News George Galloway wins Bradford West by-election, 30 March 2012, accessed 22 May 2015.
- BBC News Bradford West, accessed 22 May 2015.
- Tom Batchelor 'Racists' will celebrate Tory victory rants George Galloway in losing speech Express, 8 May 2015, accessed 22 May 2015.
- Tom Moseley What MPs do as second jobs BBC News, 25 February 2015, accessed 18 March 2015
- The Register of Members' Financial Interests: Part 1 As at 9th March 2015 www.parliament.uk, accessed 18 March 2015