Frank Doran was a Labour Party member of Parliament (MP) for Aberdeen South (1987-1992), Aberdeen Central (1997-2005) and Aberdeen North (2005-2015). He served as Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) 1988-92. He is married to the Labour MP, Dame Joan Ruddock.
Doran announced he would not be standing in the 2015 general election due to his age. He was replaced by Richard Baker who lost the seat to Scottish National Party's Kirsty Blackman by 13,396 votes.
- Frank Doran, www.parliament.uk, accessed 29 October 2013.
- Sarah Priddy, PIL: Current Members Related to Other Current or Former Members - Commons Library Standard Note, 13 September 2013.
- Rosa Prince Why I’m standing down from Parliament: Frank Doran, MP for Aberdeen North Telegraph, 20 February 2015, accessed 14 May 2015.
- BBC News Aberdeen North, accessed 14 May 2015.
- 'Furniture Industry APPG',parliament.uk, accessed 11 November 2015