It runs two state schools in London with plans to run a small chain of schools. It has a particular focus on 'character education'.
- James O'Shaughnessy
- Ian Moore, director of operations: while a consultant at PWC (2002-11), Moore was seconded to the prime minister’s delivery unit (on education) in 2006; he was then a senior adviser to the Conservative Party 'Implementation Team' (2008-10); before being seconded to the Cabinet Office under the Coalition government from May-December 2010. Moore now runs his own consultancy ICM Advisory Services, in which capacity he has advised on government reforms to provision for children and young people with Special Educational Needs, and worked with 'senior Members of the House of Lords'.
- Annaliese Briggs, curriculum manager. Briggs was previously headteacher of Pimlico primary, part of Education minister, John Nash's chain of schools. She was 27 at the time, had no teaching qualifications and little experience in running a school. She left after 6 months. Briggs is also a fellow of the Policy Exchange.
- Briar Lipson. Director of Curriculum and Innovation: Another Floreat employee to have come from the Policy Exchange, Lipson is also a Teach First graduate. She was formerly with the CfBT Education Trust.
Board of directors
Board members of Floreat Education Academies Trust include:
- Chris Benson, works for Advent International, a global private equity firm, focusing on financial services and business services
- Colin Brereton, partner at PWC, where he leads the Response to the Economic Crisis in Europe business and is a member of the Supervisory Board.
- Richard Briance, merchant banker and former UK CEO of Edmond de Rothschild; Briance is a trustee of the Legatum Institute think tank. He was a director of Policy Exchange to May 2015.
- Martyn Rose, successful businessman; senior advisor to the New Schools Network; chair of corporate reputation consultancy Morgan Rossiter
- Professor James Arthur, director of the School of Education and The Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues at the University of Birmingham, and a leading expert in character virtue education.
- James Cox, COO of shoe retailers Dune Group
- Sam Freedman
- Website: www.floreat.org.uk
- Ian Moore, LinkedIn profile, accessed August 2015