Bruce trained as a lawyer and qualified as a solicitor in 1981 before going on to set up Fiona Bruce LLP, a successful law firm. Despite being elected in 2010 and though this role occupies much of her time she has remained a senior partner at the firm and is said to be actively involved in the management and future of the firm through her weekly presence at the firm’s offices in Stockton Heath. 
Against legalisation of same-sex marriage
In March 2012 Bruce lent her name to a petition by the Coalition for Marriage, a pressure group opposed to the UK government's consultation and plans to legalise same-sex marriages by 2015. She explained:
- "Primarily I am supporting it as a mother, as well as an MP, because research shows over different cultures and different ages that children flourish when they are brought up in a secure family environment, and this traditionally has been marriage."
Stance on frackingOil and Gas Authority under the 14th licensing round in 2015. Two licenses were awarded to INEOS and two to IGas. There are plans for one shale well, one frac hrz well and 2D and 3D seismic surveying; no applications are currently underway. 
Fiona Bruce has generally voted against increased regulation on fracking. 
- 26 January 2015: voted against making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. She voted against an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18 month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: absent for a vote on requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: voted in favour for weakening regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
Bruce is a winner of the business woman of the year award "Women into Business" for her community law firm Fiona Bruce & Co LLP, based in Cheshire.
- Signatory to the Coalition for Marriage
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Alcohol Harm - Chair & Registered Contact
- All-Party Parliamentary Pro-Life Group - Chair
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Freedom of Religion or Belief 
- Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Religious Education
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dying Well
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Alcohol Misuse
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Stem Cell Transplantation
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Hospice and Palliative Care
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for North Korea
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Local Democracy
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Education for Young People
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on International Anti-Corruption
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on the Arch Cru Investment Scheme
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Poverty
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Friends of CAFOD (Catholic Agency for Overseas Development) Group
- Member of the Christians in Parliament All-Party Parliamentary Group
- Member of the Associate Parliamentary Skills Group
- Member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Faith and Society
- Member of the Joint Committee on Human Rights 
- Address: Riverside, Mountbatten Way, Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1DY
- Telephone: 01260 274044
- Fax: 01260 278293
- Address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- Telephone: 020 7219 7042
- Fax: 020 7219 1258
- Email: email@example.com
Web and Social media
- Website: http://fionabruce.mp/about/
- Fiona Bruce Express, accessed 19 May 2015
- Fiona Bruce- Partner fionabruce, accessed 18 March 2015
- Ned Simons, Fiona Bruce, Tory MP, Supports Anti-Gay Marriage Petition 'As A Mother', Huffington Post, 12 February 2012
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | Fiona Bruce, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 22 December 2016.
- Pro-Life APPG Register Feb 16, www.parliament.uk, accessed 19 February 2016
- 'Freedom Declared: Who we are', Freedom Declared website, undated, accessed 6 November 2015
- 'APPG Register 29 September 2015', parliament.uk, accessed 10 November 2015
- Dods people, 'Arrivals, moves and departures', Civil Service World, accessed 3 November 2015
- Register of interests of members' secretaries and research assistants, 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 19 April 2016