European Midwives Association
The following aims of the EMA are listed on their website
- The EMA will be part of the European Health Forum to influence the future regime for professional recognition and legislation.
- The EMA brings together the professional interests of midwives in each country. It can present these to appropriate organisations any of which it might seek to influence.
- The EMA represents the professional interests of midwives in the countries it represents to the European Commission and / or other appropriate organisations it might seek to influence.
- The EMA assists members organisations in strengthening their position within their country by offering consultation, giving support in their relationship with relevant governments, non governmental and governmental bodies.
- The EMA disseminates relevant information from its central secretariat.