Euan Baird joined the Board of Scottish Power in January 2001 as a non-executive director, bringing executive level experience in the electronics and engineering industry.
Euan is a trustee of the Tocqueville Alexis Trust and the Carnegie Institution of Washington, and a member of the Advisory Committee of Banque de France.
Euan is on the board of Société Générale Group and Areva, and is a Member of the French Prime Minister’s Comité National de la Science and of the UK Prime Minister’s Council of Science and Technology.
In 2003 he was listed at number 43 in the Sunday Times Rich List.
- A non-executive director of the New York Stock Exchange.
- A trustee of Tocqueville Alexis Trust and
- Carnegie Institution of Washington,
- A member of the Advisory Committee of Banque de France.
- A Patron of the Scottish North American Business Council.
- On the International Advisory Board of Scottish Development International
- On the International Advisory Board of Scottish Enterprise
Born in Aberdeen in 1937, he joined Schlumberger in 1960 as a field engineer on assignment in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa. In 1974, he moved to Paris as Personnel Manager and Vice President of Operations with Schlumberger Technical Services. Five years later he reached the company’s New York headquarters as Executive Vice President responsible for world-wide wireline operations.