Edtech UK is a lobby group for the eduction technology industry in the UK.
It describes it as a 'convening voice for the education technology sector in Britain, we are the front door for industry, investors, and government, who support us in accelerating the explosive development in this arena.'
Edtech UK is engaged in the following activities:
- edtech 'ecosystem-building events' and meetups in the UK and overseas.
- edtech trade missions for UK edtech companies. These include to: Boston and Chicago; Tel Aviv; New York and Washington DC; San Diego & San Francisco
- thought leadership reports published on the future of tech in schools, digital colleges, using social media for learning, the computing curriculum and the edtech uk startup ecosystem
- supporting high growth edtech start-ups through, for example, hosting the BETT Futures Start-up Zone
As well as growing the UK's edtech industry, Edtech UK also lobbies government for policies that encourage the takeup of technology in schools. For example, Ty Goddard says it has had 'lots of conversations' with the Cabinet Office.
Edtech UK does not list its funders. It says only that its 'partners include leading national organisations, global companies and strategic bodies who share our ambition to rapidly accelerate the education and learning technology ecosystem in Britain and Globally.'
Its gives a list of founding members, mainly startups and edtech firms, but does not provide a full list of its 'supportive members', which include 'large corporations and investors'.
- Ty Goddard (Teifion Goddard), chair
- Ian Fordham, CEO
- Ben Barton, head of business development
- Stuart Arthur, Edtech Wales
- Website: http://www.edtechuk.com/
- Address: Education Foundation HQ, c/o CLPE, Webber Street, London SE1 8QW