|Part of the Powerbase Brexit Portal.|
After a surge in popularity for the SNP in the 2015 election, Alexander lost his seat to Mhairi Black, a 20-year-old politics student at Glasgow University by 5,684 votes - a swing of 26.9 percent.
Law firm Pinsent Masons hired Alexander as a Brexit adviser in March 2016.
Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
In 2011 Alexander was paid £4000 by Editorial Intelligence to speak at a conference hosted by the organisation in Wales.  He is an associate, at Digby Brown, Solicitors, Glasgow where he occasional contributions to various newspapers and broadcasting.
- 16-18 July 1998, to United States of America to attend conference. Accommodation provided by NewsCorp. (Registered 25 November 1998)
- 14-18 November 1998, to United States of America for conference organised by the British American Project. My travel and hotel costs were met by the conference organisers. (Registered 25 November 1998)
- October 1999, went on a paid visit to Israel that was sponsored by Labour Friends of Israel.
Miscellaneous and unremunerated interests
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Centre for Scottish Public Policy (non-remunerated).
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh) Liaison Committee (non-remunerated).
- Director of the CARD Carers' Centre, Paisley (unremunerated).
- Labour Friends of Israel, taken trips to Israel, funded by LFI
- Rt Hon Douglas Alexander MP transcript, Iraq Inquiry, 5 March 2010.
- Address: 2014 Mile End Mill, Abbey Mill Business Centre, Paisley, PA1 1JS
- Telephone: 0141 561 0333
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- Telephone: 020 7219 1345
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web & Social media
- Website: http://www.douglasalexander.org.uk
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dalexandermp (no longer working_
- BBC News Election results: Labour's Douglas Alexander loses seat to SNP, 8 May 2015, accessed 11 May 2015.
- James Merrill Mhairi Black: Meet the 20-year old who beat Douglas Alexander to become youngest MP since 17th century Independent, 10 May 2015, accessed 11 May 2015.
- The Register of Members' Financial Interests, Part 1 As at 16th November 2011, accessed 23rd November 2011
- Redress Editors, http://www.redress.cc/stooges/redress20070628 Gordon Brown appoints Israel apologist to oversee British media], Redress, 29 June 2007.
- House of Commons Douglas Alexander Register of Members Interests, accessed February 2007
- Electoral Commission, Donation search, accessed 9 March 2015
- ^ House of Commons Douglas Alexander Register of Members Interests, Accessed February 2007
- ^ Redress Editors, Gordon Brown appoints Israel apologist to oversee British media, Redress, 29 June 2007.