DigitalEurope is the lobby group for the digital technology industry in Europe.
Its members comprise the 60 or so largest digital companies and the national digital industry associations in the member states.
- February 2015: DigitalEurope co-organised with the Lisbon Council a 'high-level debate' on 'SMEs in the Digital Single Market: Creating Growth in Europe'. Member firm Google invited EU commissioner for the digital economy, Günther Oettinger, to deliver the keynote speech. The event included a 'private VIP lunch'.
- December 2014: DigitalEurope director, Patrice Chazerand was a panelist on the 'Digital learning round table' organised by the European Commission Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content & Technology, or DG CONNECT.
- DigitalEurope manages the secretariat for the Grand Coalition for Digital Jobs, the European Commission-led, multi-stakeholder partnership to tackle the lack of digital skills in Europe.
- John Higgins, director general, DigitalEurope; former head of UK IT lobby group, Intellect.
- Patrice Chazerand, Director, DigitalEurope; former Secretary-General of the Interactive Software Federation of Europe.
- Website: http://www.digitaleurope.org
- Information received through freedom of information law
- Digital learning round table, DG Connect website, 16 December 2014