Browne was awarded a peerage in the dissolution honours list on 28 May 2010.
- Adviser to the Royal Bank of Scotland
- Member of International Advisory Board, Parker Green International, June 2010. ACOBA saw "no reason why he should not take up the appointment forthwith".
- Adviser, Institute for Government, September 2010.ACOBA saw "no reason why he should not take up the appointment forthwith".
- Des Browne: Electoral history and profile, guardian.co.uk, accessed 28 May 2010.
- Peerages, honours and appointments, number10.gov.uk, 28 May 2010.
- Geoffrey Levy, Tony's cronies and snouts in the trough: How one-time Labour bigwigs are raking it in thanks to the private sector, 10th June 2011, accessed 14 June 2011
- Twelfth Report 2010-2011 Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, accessed 3 December 2014