Stance on fracking
Rutley's constituency includes one oil and gas licence blocks, awarded to INEOS by the Oil and Gas Authority under the 14th licensing round in 2015. There are plans for one shale well and 2D and 3D seismic surveying; no applications are currently underway. 
Rutley has generally voted against increased regulation on fracking. 
- 26 January 2015: voted against making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. She voted against an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18 month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: voted in favour of requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: voted in favour for weakening regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
- David Rutley MP www.parliament.uk, accessed 28 May 2015
- Macclesfield Parliamentary constituency BBC News, 8 May 2015, accessed 28 May 2015
- Guido Fawkes PPS reshuffle in full, 29 May 2015, accessed 1 June 2015.
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | David Rutley, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 22 December 2016.
- Register of interests of members' secretaries and research assistants, 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 25 April 2016