Charles Bronfman is a wealthy Canadian businessman. He has donated to several Israel lobby groups both personally and through philanthropic organisations founded with his second wife Andrea.
He was a co-founder of Birthright Israel and the Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern and African Studies.
In February 2015, it was reported that Bronfman's son, Stephen Bronfman, plans to invest tens of millions in Israeli high-tech companies through the newly established Claridge CDPQ Israel - a joint venture, based in Tel Aviv, between his Claridge and la Caisse, another Canadian company. Claridge has previously invested in many Israeli firms, including Koor Industries, Better Place (led by Shai Agassi and Viola Group.
- Andrea and Charles Bronfman Philanthropies (ACBP) - founder
- Andrea and Charles Bronfman Fund at Brandeis - founder
- Birthright Israel - co-chairman
- Birthright Israel
- Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Institute for National Security Studies
- Eighth Herzliya Conference
- Charles Bronfman - Sharing the wealth to make magic, Birthright Israel, accessed 8 August 2012
- Bulletin 55, Moshe Dayan Center, accessed June 26, 2012
- Nathanial Popper, Keeping Alive a Philanthropic Family Tradition, Jewish Daily Forward, accessed 8 August 2012
- Idan Rabi, 'Stephen Bronfman sets up Israel investment fund', Globes (11 February, 2015).
- CHarles Bronfman - A Lifetime of Giving, thecharlesbronfmanprize.com, accessed 8 August 2012
- The Annual Herzliya Conference Series: on the Balance of Israel's National Security (2008) Conference Conclusions. Accessed 12th August 2008