Centreground Political Communications
In 2014 Bell Pottinger completed the acquisition of Centreground. The move saw all of Centreground's staff and clients transferred to Bell Pottinger, and Darren Murphy become chairman of Bell Pottinger’s specialist Geopolitical business unit and Razi Rahman become managing director of Bell Pottinger’s UK Political specialism.
PR Week reported in October 2011 that:
- It is expected that the new operation will not be a straight public affairs outfit but will instead specialise in offering campaigning advice to governments, corporates and NGOs wishing to occupy the political centre ground.
- It is understood Murphy, a loyal Blairite, plans to link up with a number of former colleagues who share his political outlook. A well-placed source said Murphy had spoken to a number of Blairites with campaigning experience about his new venture.
- Murphy confirmed he had left APCO to establish the consultancy but said he was not yet in a position to speak further.
- Darren Murphy - chief executive
- Jonathan Powell
- Razi Rahman
- Adrian McMenamin
- Steve van Riel - head of research
Publications, Contact, Resources and Notes
- Address: 4 Millbank, Westminster, London, SW1P 3JA
- +44 20 7 1010 711
- David Singleton, APCO's Darren Murphy to start venture with ex-Downing Street colleagues, 29 Sept 2011, accessed 5 Oct 2011
- Martin Wright Bell Pottinger to acquire Centreground Political Communications Media Mergers, 12 June 2014, accessed 28 October 2014
- Principals, Centreground Political Communications website, acc 15 August 2012
- Not 'Cool' To Look A Fool - Tony Blair's PR People Behind Psy Fiasco!, sarawakreport.org, 13 February 2013, accessed August 2015