Business Forum on Tax and Competitiveness
The Business Forum on Tax and Competitiveness is chaired by the Exchequer Secretary, David Gauke. He created this forum in July 2010 for business leaders 'to discuss ways in which the Government can improve the competitiveness of the UK's tax system, including the long-term aims of the corporate tax system'.
The remit and membership of the Forum will be reviewed every two years. Its first meeting was held on 15 September 2010.
- Andy Halford, Chief Financial Officer, Vodafone Group plc
- Deirdre Mahlan, Chief Financial Officer designate, Diageo plc
- George Culmer, Chief Financial Officer, RSA Insurance Group plc
- Simon Dingemans, Chief Financial Officer, GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Andrew Shilston, Finance Director, Rolls-Royce plc
- Mark Elborne, President and CEO, UK, Ireland and Benelux, General Electric Company
- Joe Greenwell, Chairman, Ford of Britain, Ford Motor Company
- Andew Nelson, Finance Director, Amey plc
- Mike Devereux, Director, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation
- Simon Henry, Chief Financial Officer, Royal Dutch Shell plc
- John Cridland, Director-General, The Confederation of British Industry
- Richard Meddings, Group Finance Director, Standard Chartered Bank