Alliance Boots was formed from the merger of Alliance UniChem and Boots in July 2006. The company was bought by AB Acquisitions Limited (a company jointly controlled by certain funds advised by KKR and Stefano Pessina) on 26 June 2007.
As of July 2007 the board of directors are:
- Stefano Pessina - Executive Chairman
- Richard Baker - Chief Executive
- George Fairweather - Group Finance Director
- Ornella Barra - Wholesale and Commercial Affairs Director
- Steve Duncan - Community Pharmacy Director
- Scott Wheway - Managing Director.
- Patricia Hewitt, the former Secretary of State Department of Health, was appointed a special consultant in 2008.
- Alliance Boots Board of Directors
- The Advisory Committee on Business Appointments Ninth Report 2006-2008 Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, accessed 4 November 2014
- Agency Register September to November 2014 PRCA, accessed 29 January 2015