T. Timothy Ryan, Jr.
T. Timothy Ryan, Jr., is the CEO of Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association From his bio:
- Ryan was Vice Chairman of Investment Banking for Financial Institutions and Governments at J.P. Morgan and a member of the Investment Banking Coverage Management Committee.
Prior to joining J.P. Morgan in 1993, Ryan was the Director of the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS), U.S. Department of the Treasury. As OTS Director, he was the banking and securities regulator for the nation's approximately 2,000 Thrifts and managed an office of 3,000 employees in 11 offices. He was also a principal manager of the Savings & Loan cleanup, which involved closing approximately 700 insolvent institutions, improving capital bases and selling over $300 billion of assets. He was a Director of the Resolution Trust Corporation and a Director of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. From 1983 to 1990, Ryan was a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of the law firm Reed, Smith, Shaw & McClay, where he headed the Pension Investment Group and was a member of the firm's Executive Committee. From 1981 to 1983, he was Solicitor of Labor at the U.S. Department of Labor.
Ryan is a graduate of Villanova University and American University Law School. He is also a director of the U.S. Japan Foundation, the International Foundation for Election Systems, and the Mortgage Roundtable. He is a private sector member of the Global Markets Advisory Committee for the National Intelligence Council.
- U.S. Japan Foundation – Director
- International Foundation for Election Systems – Director
- Mortgage Roundtable – Director
- National Intelligence Council – "private sector member of the Global Markets Advisory Committee"
Contact, References and Resources
- Tim Ryan Appointed CEO Of SIFMA, MondoVisione, 15 January 2008.
- SIFMA, ibid.