Special Operations Executive
The Special Operations Executive (SOE) was a British agency operating during the Second World War, with responsibility for 'special operations' including psychological warfare, assassinations and paramilitary activities.
Initially, SOE had three sections, SO.1 for propaganda, SO.2 for dirty tricks, and SO.3 for planning. A year later SO.1 was separated to become the Political Warfare Executive under Rex Leeper and Robert Bruce Lockhart.
Executive Officers (CD)
- 64 Baker Street Website on 'The Women of the Special Operations Executive', accessed 30 March 2009.
- Spartacus Educational Special Operations Executive, accessed 30 March 2009
- Obituaries, Special Operations Executive, The Times
- National Archives Special Operations Executive Records Release 8th Feb 2002 (pdf)
- Stephen Dorril, MI6, Touchstone 2002, p.103.
- Thomas E. Mahl, Desperate Deception: British Covert Operations in the United States 1939-44, Brassey's, 1999, p.13.
- Thomas E. Mahl, Desperate Deception: British Covert Operations in the United States 1939-44, Brassey's, 1999, p.13