Science and the Media Expert Group
The Group’s Report, Science and the Media: Securing the Future , was published on 13 January 2010.
The Science and the Media Expert Group 'will', according to its departmental sponsor DIUS 'work with journalism schools and accrediting bodies to improve the scientific literacy of mainstream journalists and raise the profile of science.'
Chair Fiona Fox Science Media Centre | Dr David Levy Director, [[Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, University of Oxford | Charlie Beckett Director, Polis (LSE think-tank) | Martin Moore Director, Media Standards Trust | Roger Highfield Editor, New Scientist | Peter Cotgreave Director of Communications, Royal Society | Bob Ward Policy and Communications Director, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment | Alexandra Saxon Head of Communications, RCUK | Paul Nuki Chief Editor, NHS Choices | Prof Colin Blakemore Neuroscientist, University of Oxford | Kim Shillinglaw Commissioning editor for science and natural history, BBC | David Glover Deputy Commissioning Editor, History and Science, Channel 4 | Francesca Unsworth Head of Newsgathering, BBC | Vivienne Parry Science writer and broadcaster, Freelance; involved in the consultation | Terrence Collis Director of Communications, Food Standards Agency | James Randerson Editor, Guardian Online Environment 
Minutes of meetings
- [ Minutes of the Science and the Media expert group: 16 November 2009] - Transparency
- [ Minutes of the Science and the Media expert group: 09 November 2009] – Future of Science Journalism
- [ Minutes of the Science and the Media expert group: 15 October 2009] - Programming
- [ Minutes of the Science and the Media expert group: 15 September 2009] - Training
- [ Minutes of the first Science and the Media expert group: 25 June 2009]
- DIUS Science and the Media Expert Group, 2010, retrieved from the Internet Archive of 21 January 2010 on 17 August 2013