Sammy Ofer School of Communications
Operation Cast Lead
According to the IDC's official magazine, the Sammy Ofer School played a key role in the HelpUsWin.org social media effort during Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip in early 2009, operation Cast Lead.
- Help Us Win was an online Israeli hasbara project sponsored by the Sammy Ofer School of Communications and the RRIS, and run together with Stand With Us, during Operation Cast Lead. Working with Stand With Us, the school’s dean, Dr.Noam Lemelshtrich-Latar and Major Reserve Jonathan Davis of the IDC, prepared the IDC students with relevant information that would help their cause. Asaf Talmor-Wertheimer, CEO and Co-Founder, Atarim Group Ltd. took time from work to join the Help Us Win cause as one of the group leaders. Blogging around the clock hundreds of students volunteered to pool their online resources and talents to develop online material that could be used to fight the negative image being portrayed of Israel in the media.
- Dr. Noam Lemelshtrich-Latar - Dean
- Dr. Amit Lavie-Dinur - Vice Dean and Head of Television Studies Track
- Dr. Yariv Ben-Eliezer - Head of Persuasive Communications Track
- Dr Oren Zuckerman - Head of Interactive Communications Track
- Prof. Hana Adoni
- Prof. Eva Illous
- Prof. Michael Gurevitch (RIP)
- Dr Yair Amichai-Hamburger - Head of the Research Center for Internet Psychology
- Dr Keren Eyal - Academic Advisor of the International Program
- Dr Doron Friedman
- Dr Yael Kaynan
- Dr Yuval Karniel
- Baruch Niv
- Guy Eitingon
- Asper Institute for New Media Diplomacy
- The Research Center for Internet Psychology
- Advanced Virtuality Lab
- Media Innovation Lab
- Blogference 1-2 July 2007
- Communications Across Borders 6-9 July 2008
- Communication and Culture: Interfaces and Confrontations 30 June - 2 July 2009.
- Facilities, Sammy Ofer School of Communications, IDC Herzliya, accessed 19 June 2009.
- Operation Cast Lead:IDC Responds, IDC Herzliyan, Spring 2009.