Sajjansinh Mayur Gohel (aka, Sajjan Gohel; born 1980) is "Director of International Security for the London-based Asia-Pacific Foundation, a terrorism think tank that researches security issues for international businesses." He runs the organisation with his father, M. J. Gohel.
As of July 2005, an individual named Sajjan Gohel is a PhD student at the London School of Economics (LSE). His supervisor is Dr Kirsten Schulze, Senior Lecturer in International History, and his research topic is "The Globalisation of Bin Ladinism: Origins, Doctrines Development and conflicts" .
Gohel is regularyly interviewed in the mainstream media as s terror expert. Between 1 January 2000 and 31 December 2006 he appeared 12 times on ITN and Channel four News and 15 time on BBC News and Current Affairs programmes on television. Since mid 2003, Gohel participated in a number of radio/television interviews as an expert on terrorism with the U.S., British, and Australian news media. Sajjan Gohel is variously described as functioning at the Asia-Pacific Foundation
- By ABC News, Australia:
- On Pakistan post February 2008 elections.
- By BBC:
- By Bloomberg News:
- By CBS News (Dallas, Texas):
- as a "leading counterterrorism expert who works closely with British intelligence": 
- By Christian Science Monitor:
- as a "terrorism expert": 
- By CNN:
- By NBC News/MSNBC:
- By Voice of America:
- as a "security analyst":
For a longer list of his TV appearances see IMdb profile.
- Sebastian Rotella, Britain to free LAX bomb suspect, Los Angeles Times, 29 June 2008.
References, Resources and Contact
- Asia-Pacific Foundation
- Geo Political Research Limited
- Jay K. Gohel
- Lord Peter Inchcape
- M. J. Gohel
- Richard Cobbold
- HY501 Provisional Introductory Workshop Programme, Lent-Summer Term, 2004-05, LSE. Features Sajjan Gohel on the programme (as an MPhil to PhD upgrade candidate).
- ukdata.com - Company director listing for Sajjan Gohel.
- The Rathore Dynasty genealogy. Gives relationship between Jay K, MJ, and Sajjan Gohel.
Articles that quote Sajjan Gohel
- Clare Shoesmith, "Russian School Siege May Signal More Terror Attacks on Children", Bloomberg News, September 29, 2004. Gives Sajjan Gohel's age.
- Todd Bensman and Robert Riggs, "Violence-Preaching Web Magazine Linked To N. Texas Brothers," The Investigators CBS-11 News (KTVT, Dallas), February 10, 2005.
- Sajjan Gohel on the Heathrow Terror Plot: 'Transnational Terrorism's Obsession with the Aviation Industry' Interview by Jesse Brown terrorism.openDemocracy.net, undated
- Kirsten Schulze: Profile (Accessed: 8 November 2007)
- See Spinprofiles page: Terrorexpertise:UK Television List.
- July 13, 2005.
- Musharraf faces calls to resign, 20 February 2008
- 6 October 2004.
- 30 April 2004.
- 16 September 2004.
- 24 November 2004.
- July 7, 2005.
- February 1, 2005.
- September 29, 2003.
- July 15, 2003;
- November 20, 2003;
- June 14, 2004;
- July 25, 2005.
- April 15, 2004.
- 23 November 2003;
- 21 January 2005.
- 8 September 2004.
- 11 March 2004.