Nia Griffith has been the Labour Party MP for Llanelli since 2005. In parliament, she has served as shadow minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) 2010-11, and shadow minister (Wales) since 2011.
In the 2015 general election in May 2015, Griffith retained her seat with a majority of 7,095. 
- Philip Brady, brother in law. 'Freelance public relations consultant', where he has been declared by Griffith as involved in 'engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client'.
- www.parliament.uk Nia Griffith, accessed 20 October 2013.
- Nia Griffith Express, accessed 14 May 2015
- Who's who in Corbyn's Shadow Cabinet BBC News, Accessed 16 September 2015
- Parliament Publications Register of Members’ Financial Interests as at 13 July 2015, accessed 23 July 2015.