Difference between revisions of "Neoconservative Chronology 2005"
(New page: ==January== *'''10''' As part of a week-long visit to the US, Geert Wilders takes part in a discussion with Commentary magazine in New York. *'''29''' Alan Johnson calls for a new ...)
Revision as of 08:14, 18 June 2010
- 10 As part of a week-long visit to the US, Geert Wilders takes part in a discussion with Commentary magazine in New York.
- 29 Alan Johnson calls for a new 'decent left' in an article for Labour Friends of Iraq.
- 10 In the Times, Dean Godson claims espionage allegations against Ahmed Chalabi reflect a "longrunning grudge held against him by the British and American foreign policy establishments, who are inveterate foes of the neoconservatives’ Wilsonian vision for the region."
- 11 Henry Jackson Society Project for Democratic Geopolitics founded in Cambridge.
- 11 In the Times, Dean Godson claims Hezbollah is losing support in Lebanon because of its links with Syria.
- 7 First meeting in a Euston pub of what would become the Euston Manifesto group.
- 25 Opening day of the Transatlantic Democracy Network Conference in Brussels, intended by the National Endowment for Democracy to counteract the "threat of "realist" or nationalist tendencies on both sides of the Atlantic that are always ready to appeal to populist and parochial sentiments in their arguments for isolationism."
- 26 Concluding day of the Transatlantic Democracy Network conference. Carl Gershman testifies at the Bureau of the European Parliament.
- 7 7/7 Bombings in London.
- 15 Unite Against Terror statement issued.
- 18 Former IRA member and MI5 agent Sean O'Callaghan suggests Routemaster buses deterred terrorists at Policy Exchange event.
- 20 Jeffrey Gedmin visits Annabel's in London.
- 2 Alan Johnson calls on Unite Against Terror readers to log complaints about BBC coverage of terrorism.
- 4 Alan Johnson accepts criticism that he has gone beyond the founding statement of the Unite Against Terror website.
- 10 In the Times, Dean Godson reports that Michael Doran of the National Security Council recently met with Syrian exile Farid Ghadry.
- 13 Donald Rumsfeld holds breakfast meeting at Heathrow with William Shawcross, Charles Moore, David Pryce-Jones, Andrew Roberts and Mark Birley of Annabel's
- 15 Harry's Place and normblog note the first edition of online magazine Democratiya.
- 1 Policy Exchange's Dean Godson publishes Replacing the Routemaster: how to undo Ken Livingstone's destruction of London's best ever bus.
- 3 In the Times, Dean Godson attacks Conservative spokesmen David Davis and Dominic Grieve over their opposition to 90-day detention.
- 22 Henry Jackson Society Project for Democratic Geopolitics launched in the Houses of Parliament.
- 13 In the Times, Dean Godson attacks the report of the Home Office Preventing Extremism Together Task Force, singling out panellist Tariq Ramadan and elements of the Metropolitan Police Specialist Operations Department.
- 30 In the Times, Dean Godson criticises US policy towards Syria and complains that American diplomats are incapable of political warfare.