Commons vote for fracking moratorium
In January 2015 he was one of seven members of the influential House of Commons Environmental Audit Committee who voted for a moratorium on fracking for shale gas in January 2015. Most Labour MPs abstained. 
- House of Commons Environmental Audit Committee
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Water Safety and Drowning Prevention, member 
- Martin Caton, www.parliament.uk, accessed 27 October 2013.
- South Wales Evening Post Gower MP Martin Caton is ready to stand down, 3 March 2012, accessed 11 May 2015.
- BBC News Gower, accessed 11 May 2015.
- Full list of MPs available at: Hansard, 27 January 2015
- 'Water and Safety and Drowning Prevention Register',parliament.uk, accessed 11 November 2015