Management Group of the Scottish Executive
The Management Group (MG) of the Scottish Executive is chaired by the Permanent Secretary and meets each week. After the election of the SNP minority administration in May 2007 the name of the group was changed to the Strategic Board.
As set out in the Executive's Freedom of Information Publication Scheme agendas and summary minutes of Management Group meetings from January 2005 are now being published. These will be made available within three months of each scheduled meeting.
- John Elvidge, Permanent Secretary
- Paul Pagliari, Director of Change and Corporate Services
- Mike Ewart, Head of Education
- Philip Rycroft, Head of Enterprise, Transport and Lifelong Learning Department (ETLLD)
- Dr Andrew Goudie, Head of Finance and Central Services Department
- Robert Gordon CB, Head of Justice Department and Legal and Parliamentary Services
- Nicola Munro, Head of Development Department
- Norman McFadyen, Crown Agent and Chief Executive of Crown Office & Procurator Fiscal Service
- Alyson Stafford, Finance Director
- Richard Wakeford, Head of Environment and Rural Affairs Department
- Dr Kevin Woods, Head of Health Department
Non Executive Members
MG has three non-executive members, each appointed for a term of two years attending at least one meeting per month. Non-executive members bring independent, challenging and informed input from an external perspective to the work of MG and in particular to the consideration of corporate management issues such as the Human Resource strategy, administration costs, monitoring of programme expenditure, training and development, relations with stakeholders - and help to drive a process of culture change and continuous improvement.
- The Scottish Executive 'The Scottish Executive Strategic Board', Accessed 1st August 2007.