Lars Hedegaard is a Danish historian, author, journalist and counterjihad activist.
He is a former Editor-in-Chief of the Copenhagen daily newspaper Information. Since 2000 he has been a commentator with the national daily Berlingske Tidende and a frequent contributor to radio and television programs. He holds degrees in history (University of Aarhus) and English (University of Copenhagen).
Hate speech conviction
Hedegaard was convicted of hate speech in 2011 after stating that ‘Muslims rape their children’, though he successfully appealed this conviction the following year.
In June 2014, Hedegaard launched a Swedish edition of his book Muhammad’s Girls: Violence, Murder and Rape in the House of Islam alongside Ingrid Carlqvist, Nicolai Sennels and Anne Marie Waters. Previously the book had only been published in his native Denmark.
Hedegaard spoke at the launch of the Swedish Free Press Society, where he reportedly railed against multiculturalism and hate speech laws, stating:
- As we can see in city after city and country after country, multiculturalism and cultural relativity have created problems so vast that politicians no longer know how to solve them. Angela Merkel has admitted that the multicultural utopia is off the table and so have David Cameron and Nicolas Sarkozy. But if they cannot solve the problems, they can at least try to prevent people from speaking about them.
- International Free Press Society
- Free Press Society - founder
- CounterJihad Europa
- Dispatch International - co-founder
- Guest at the Defeat Jihad Summit 2015
- Muhammad’s Girls: Violence, Murder and Rape in the House of Islam - published in Danish and Swedish.
- Baron Bodissey, “It’s Going to be Like Lebanon”, Gates of Vienna, 14 March 2007.
- ↑ Biographies, CounterJihad Europa, accessed 9 December 2008.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sharia Watch UK and the Metamorphosis of Anne Marie Waters, Institute of Race Relations, 21 January 2015
- ↑ Hope Note Hate, Swedish Free Press Society, Counterjihad report: Sweden, accessed 16 February 2015
- ↑ ŒDefeat Jihad Summit¹ Challenges Islamic Supremacism And The Obama ŒStrategy and A.U.M.F. That Disregard It, Center for Security Policy, 10 February 2015, accessed 18 December 2015