Juan C. Zarate
Juan Zarate served as the US Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Adviser for Combating Terrorism from 2005 to 2009. He was previously the first Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Terrorist Financing and Financial Crimes.
Zarate is a senior adviser at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), chairman and co-founder of the Financial Integrity Network, and a visiting lecturer in law at the Harvard Law School. He also serves as chairman and senior counselor for the Foundation for Defense of Democracies’ Center on Sanctions and Illicit Finance (CSIF), as senior national security analyst for NBC News and MSNBC, and as a senior fellow at the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point.
Zarate's board memberships and other affiliations include:
- HSBC’s Financial System Vulnerabilities Committee (FSVC) and the HBMX FSVC
- The Vatican’s Financial Information Authority (AIF)
- The Board of Advisors to the director of the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC)
- The George Washington University’s Center for Cyber & Homeland Security
- America Abroad Media’s (AAM) Board of Advisors
- The RANE Network Board
- The Aspen Institute’s Homeland Security Group
- The Coinbase Board of Advisors
- member of the Council on Foreign Relations
- a senior adviser to several technology companies.
- Gen Next - Member.
- Forging Democracy (University Press of America, 1994)
- A Treasury’s War: The Unleashing of a New Era of Financial Warfare (PublicAffairs, 2013). 
- Juan C. Zarate, Center for Strategic and International Studies, accessed 30 November 2016.