A Kings College biographical note states:
- Dr John Mackinlay PhD (London) began his career as an army officer. He was a Defence Fellow at Churchill College Cambridge and completed his PhD at King's. Dr Mackinlay directed the peace support operations project at the Watson Institute of Brown University before being appointed UK professor at the George Marshall European Centre for Security Studies in 1994. He is currently completing a UNU sponsored research project on Russian Peacekeeping at King's and has played a leading role in the King's contingent at the Joint Services Command and Staff College.
- The Peacekeepers; A Draft Concept of Second Generation Multinational Operations (London: Unwin Hyman, 1989) (with Jarat Chopra)
- Editorship of A Guide to Peace Support Operations (Providence, RI: Thomas J Watson Institute for International Studies, 1986)
Role in revising British Army counterinsurgency doctrine
- 'John Mackinlay has provided some valuable assistance and it is intended that the four categories suggested by him will be adopted: feral gangs, and popular, tribal and global insurgencies'
Contact, References and Resources
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 2178
- Fax: +44 (0)20 7848 2026
- Address: Department of War Studies
- King's College London
- London WC2R 2LS