Ian Paisley was the First Minister of Northern Ireland from May 2007 until June 2008. He was leader of the Democratic Unionist Party from Jan 1971 to May 2005. He was MP for North Antrim from 1970 and a Northern Ireland Assembly Member for the constituency from 1998.
In the 2015 general election, Paisley was re-elected with a majority of 11,546. 
1976 dirty tricks allegations
- Democratic Unionist Party
- Ulster Workers Council - Co-ordinating Committee May 1974
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Apprenticeships, Member
- Parliamentary Space Committee (An All-Party Parliamentary Group) - Vice-chair 
- Ian Paisley: Electoral history and profile, guardian.co.uk, accessed 26 July 2009.
- Ian Paisley, They Work For You.com, accessed 26 July 2009.
- Ian Paisley Jnr Express, accessed 18 May 2015
- ]http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/1976/feb/19/northern-ireland-office#S5CV0905P0_19760219_HOC_481 Northern Ireland Office], Hansard, 19 February 1976.
- Sarah Priddy, PIL: Current Members Related to Other Current or Former Members - Commons Library Standard Note, 13 September 2013.
- Space APPG Register Feb 16, www.parliament.uk, accessed 19 February 2016