Huw Irranca-Davies has been the Labour Party member of Parliament (MP) for Ogmore since 2002. In the most recent election in 2015, Davies retained his seat with 53 percent of the vote and a majority of 13,043. 
Irranca-Davies has been the shadow minister for environment food and rural affairs since 2011.
Irranca-Davies has held positions as:
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) 2006-07
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Wales Office) 2007-08;
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Marine and Natural Environment) 2008-10;
- Shadow Minister (Marine and Natural Environment) 2010-10; Shadow Minister (Energy and Climate Change) 2010-11;
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) 2011-.
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Unconventional Oil and Gas, member
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Climate Change Group - Vice Chair
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Freedom of Religion or Belief 
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Water Safety and Drowning Prevention, member 
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Science and Technology in Agriculture - Vice-chair 
- United Kingdom Overseas Territories All-Party Parliamentary Group - Vice-chair
- Associate Parliamentary Food and Health Group - Vice-chair 
- Huw-Irranca-Davies,parliament.uk, 12 November 2015
- Winning candidates for select committee Chairs announced, www.parliament.co.uk, 18 June 2015
- Huw Irranca-Davies, www.parliament.uk, accessed 17 November 2013.
- Sarah Priddy, PIL: Current Members Related to Other Current or Former Members - Commons Library Standard Note, 13 September 2013.
- 'Freedom Declared: Who we are', Freedom Declared website, undated, accessed 6 November 2015
- 'Water and Safety and Drowning Prevention Register',parliament.uk, accessed 11 November 2015
- Science and Technology in Agriculture APPG,www.parliament.uk, accessed 16 November 2015
- Overseas territories APPG Register Feb 16, www.parliament.uk, accessed 18 February 2016
- Food and Health APPG Register Feb 16, www.parliament.uk, accessed 19 February 2016