Goldman Sachs Group
Goldman Sachs, founded in 1869, describes itself as a "leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals ... It is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms ... headquartered in New York [with] offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world."
Henry M. Paulson, Jr., then Chair & CEO of Goldman Sachs, was a Bush Pioneer having raised at least $100,000 for Bush in the 2004 presidential election. In 2006, Paulson was appointed by Bush to be Secretary of the Department of the Treasury. 
The company spent $2,380,000 for lobbying in 2006. $1,031,250 went to nine outside lobbying firms with the remainder being spent using in-house lobbyists. The lobbying firms included DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary, The Duberstein Group, and Vinson & Elkins. 
Key executives and 2006 pay: 
- Lloyd C. Blankfein, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, $27,800,000
- David A. Viniar, Chief Financial Officer, $20,840,000
- Brooks Entwistle, Chief Executive Officer of Goldman Sachs (India) LLC
Members of the board
- Lloyd C. Blankfein - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Gary D. Cohn - President and Co-Chief Operating Officer
- Jon Winkelried - President and Co-Chief Operating Officer
- John H. Bryan - retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sara Lee Corporation
- Claes Dahlbäck - Senior Advisor to Investor AB
- Stephen Friedman - Chairman of Stone Point Capital
- William W. George - former Chief Executive Officer of Medtronic, Inc.
- Rajat K. Gupta - Senior Partner of McKinsey & Company
- James A. Johnson - Vice Chairman of Perseus, L.L.C.
- Lois D. Juliber - former Vice Chairman of the Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Edward M. Liddy - Chairman of The Allstate Corporation
- Ruth J. Simmons - President of Brown University
- John F. W. Rogers - Secretary to the Board
85 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004