Difference between revisions of "Gabrielle Rifkind"
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Revision as of 13:57, 31 December 2007
Gabrielle Rifkind "is group analyst, specialist in conflict resolution and, Human Security Consultant to the Oxford Research Group. She is convener and founder of the Middle East Policy Initiative Forum (MEPIF). She has initiated and facilitated a number of Track II roundtables and hosts the media 'Liddite' Conversations with ORG. She is currently leading ORG's contributions to several projects, including a NATO-funded initiative to examine the links between the military and the human security agenda, and an EU-supported project From Crisis to Opportunity: Inclusive Approaches to the Arab-Israeli conflict. She is also working on developing dialogue between Iran, the US and Israel. She makes regular contributions to press and media and is co-author (with Scilla Elworthy) of Making Terrorism History (2005)." 
- In May 2004 she convened with Dr Scilla Elworthy and Prince El Hassan bin Talal a human security conference in Amman. The meeting brought together regional and international experts, leaders and activists to develop a human security analysis and agenda as applied to the Middle East. One of the outcomes of the meeting was The Amman Roundtable—Human Security in the Middle East Report which was then presented to policymakers in anticipation of the G8 summit.
She is currently working on a proposal to NATO to hold a meeting to examine the role of the military, and ask the question not when should they intervene but HOW. The meeting will offer the opportunity to examine the link between the human security agenda and how this may be applied to the military. Case studies of military intervention such as Fallujah, Gaza and Bosnia will be examined and questions will be asked about what we can learn from these interventions.
- Oxford Research Group – Consultant and Project Director
- Middle East Policy Initiative Forum (MEPIF).
- Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma – Advisory Board Member
Resources, References and Contact
- email: email@example.com
- Demos Profile (Accessed: 8 October 2007)