Cumberlege Connections is a consultancy founded in 2001 by Baroness Julia Cumberlege, a Conservative peer in the House of Lords.
Ostensibly set up to offer, in Cumberlege's own words, "training courses", Cumberlege Connections is, the Lady maintains, "not a lobbying company". According to the official website, the firm's unique selling points are as follows:
- "Experiential Learning: Our programmes are firmly rooted in the principle that the best way of learning is by “doing”. Our training sessions are designed to be as interactive as possible, giving all participants the opportunity to put into practice the tactics and strategies learnt throughout the day. We always ensure that participants on our programmes will have an experience that they will never forget, embedding learning which individuals can draw on in the future.
- "In-depth knowledge of Politics and the NHS: Cumberlege Connections, and Julia Cumberlege in particular, has experience of working at all levels in the NHS. She has a natural empathy and understanding of the working situations and politics, both with a small and large “p” that affect their everyday working lives.
- "Network: The network of contacts and excellent relationships that Julia has established during her exceptional career ensure that we have assembled a team of the highest calibre to support us in our programmes.
Programmes offered include a two-day course titled 'Politics, Power and Persuasion', aimed at nursing and midwifery leaders and available at a cost of £550.00 (ex vat). Also available is 'The Westminster Experience' in which senior NHS managers, clinicians and non-executives are offered "an opportunity to better understand the influence that national politics has on the NHS and in turn, how you can better influence for the benefit of your organisation". This one-day course is available for £1200.00 (ex vat).
- Julia Cumberlege Executive Director
- Catherine Eden Director of Programmes and Business Development
- Fiona Nehls Project Manager
- Melanie Thew Office Manager & PA to Baroness Cumberlege
Contact, Resources, Notes
Address: Cumberlege Connections Ltd
East Sussex BN8 4LA
Tel: +44 (0)1825 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 (0)1825 end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 (0)1825 end_of_the_skype_highlighting 723833
Fax: +44 (0)1825 723873
- Andy Tate, "Sussex peer accused of misusing her position", The Argus, accessed 09.09.10
- Cumberlege Connections, "About Cumberlege Connections", accessed 09.09.10
- Cumberlege Connections, "Programmes for Nursing and Midwifery Leaders", accessed 09.09.10
- Cumberlege Connections, "[Power, Politics and Persuasion http://www.cumberlegeconnections.co.uk/book_online/?doWhat=checkout_start&courseID=964]", accessed 09.09.10
- Cumberlege Connections, "Programmes for NHS Chairs and non-executive Directors", accessed 09.09.10
- Cumberlege Connections, "Westminster Experience", accessed 09.09.10