Association for Financial Markets in Europe
The Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) was formed in late 2009 by the merger of two financial lobby groups.
According to PR Week, the AFME has 'looked to build a heavyweight lobbying presence to argue on a national and EU level against onerous regulation of the financial industry.
In March 2011 the AFME warned lawmakers in Brussels that proposals to regulate over-the-counter derivatives could have ‘a serious negative impact on competition’. 
- Simon Lewis - former communications director at Number 10 Downing Street and Prime Minister Gordon Brown's official spokesman (June 2009-May 2010)
- Andrew Gowers - now director of External Relations at AFME - is a former Financial Times editor and communications chief for Lehman Brothers and BP. Originally was appointed as a strategic comms consultant for three months from November 2011 while the AFME searched for a full-time replacement for comms director Rob McIvor,  who left to become director of comms at business lobby group London First.
- Michael Lever - Before joining AFME in April 2011, he was a partner with Brunswick Group LLP, advising a number of banks and insurance companies on a wide range of financial and corporate reputational issues. Prior to that, he spent over five years as a managing director of Credit Suisse. 
- Paul McGhee - Chief of Staff, joined AFME in August 2011. McGhee is former senior civil servant who began his career at HM Treasury, working on EU financial services. From 2005 until 2007, he was seconded to the European Commission as a national expert on financial regulation, working in DG Competition and then in DG Internal Market. Before joining AFME, Paul worked for the Scottish Government as head of capital investment and infrastructure finance. 
- Jonathan Taylor, former CEO of AFME, who spent much of the 1990s as a civil servant in the HM Treasury, which he returned to in January 2010 as Managing Director for Financial Services 
- Rob McIvor - AFME comms director (March 2010- Nov 2011) after serving in senior PR posts at Citigroup, Barclays and the FSA  
Lobbying and PR agencies
Publications, Contact, Resources and Notes
- Address: St. Michael's House, 1 George Yard, London EC3V 9DH
- Website: www.afme.eu
- Alec Mattinson, Lobbying body Association for Financial Markets in Europe on hunt for PR agency, prweek.com, 02 March 2011, acc 24 November 2011
- Danny Rogers Association for Financial Markets in Europe appoints Andrew Gowers, PR Week, 24 November 2011, acc 24 November 2011
- Senior Management Team, AFME website, accessed 25 May 2012
- Senior Management Team, AFME website, accessed 28 May 2012
- Gráinne Gilmore, Business big shot: Jonathan Taylor, The Times, 17 November 2009