Ziad Abdelnour is a Lebanese Maronite Christian financier and a neocon. He is the founding member and president of United States Committee for a Free Lebanon. He is also listed as an expert on the hardline Zionist Middle East Forum's website. With Daniel Pipes he is the co-publisher of Middle East Intelligence Bulletin. He is the son of Lebanese industrialist and former MP Khalil Abdelnour (1992-2000) and the nephew of former Lebanese financier and MP Salem Abdelnour (1960-1964 and 1972-1992).
In an interview with Trish Schuh in 2005, he said:
- Iran? We will not let Iran become a nuclear power. We'll find a way, we'll find an excuse- to get rid of Iran. And I don't care what the excuse is. There is no room for rogue states in the world. Whether we lie about it, or invent something, or we don't... I don't care. The end justifies the means. What's right? Might is right, might is right. That's it. Might is right...
- And Iran's going to be finished and every single Arab regime that's like this will be finished. Because there is no room for us capitalists and multinationalists in the world to operate with regimes like this. Its all about money. And power. And wealth... and democracy has to be spread around the world. Those who want to espouse globalization are going to make a lot of money, be happy, their families will be happy. And those who aren't going to play this game are going to be crushed, whether they like it or not! This is how we rule. And this is how it's going to be as long as you have people who think like me.
Regarding the plans for regime change in Syria and Lebanon he added:
- The end justifies the means. I don't care about how it's done. The important thing is that it is done. I don't rule out force. I'm not against force. If it's an option, it will be an option... I have -- we have -- absolutely no problem with heavy US involvement in Lebanon. On an economic level, military level, political level, security level... whatever it is. Israel is the 51st state of the United States. Let Lebanon be the 52nd state. And if the Arabs don't like it, tough luck.
On Israel's invasion of Lebanon
- The Lebanese cannot have their cake and eat it, too...Let’s get rid of this cancer [Hizbullah]...Let’s finish the job.
- Blackhawk Partners, LLC
- Middle East Forum
- Middle East Intelligence Bulletin - co-publisher (with Daniel Pipes)
- TechCapital Access, LLC
- United States Committee for a Free Lebanon
- Who's Who Online Mr. Ziad K. Abdelnour, accessed 13 March 2009
- Daniel Pipes and Ziad Abdelnour, Ending Syria's occupation of Lebanon: The US Role, Lebanon Study Group Report (Middle East Forum, May 2000)
- Trish Schuh, Mehlis's Murky Past; US and Isreali Proxies Pushing the Next Neo-Con War: Faking the Case Against Syria, Counterpunch, November 18, 2005
- Trish Schuh, Mehlis's Murky Past; US and Isreali Proxies Pushing the Next Neo-Con War:Faking the Case Against Syria, Counterpunch, November 18, 2005
- Landon Thomas Jr., From Lebanese-American Financiers, Differing Views on the Strife, New York Times, August 1, 2006