Meg Munn was the Labour Party member of Parliament (MP) for Sheffield, Heeley from 2001 to 2015. Munn did not stand in the 2015 general election, saying it was 'time to do other things' - she was replaced by Louise Haigh who held the seat.
Munn was chair of the Women's Committee of the Parliamentary Labour Party from July 2003 to May 2005, and chair of the Co-operative Group of MPs in 2004-05.
She served as Team PPS (Parliamentary Private Secretary) to the Department for Education and Skills from July 2003 to February 2004, and then as PPS to Margaret Hodge, Minister for Children until May 2005.
Munn served as Minister for Women and Equality at the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) from May 2005 until June 2007. From June 2007 until October 2008, she was Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
In October 2011, Munn led the UK Trade & Investment/Middle East Association delegation to the Erbil International Trade Fair in Iraq. The cost of the trip was paid for by the Kurdistan Regional Parliament.
Munn earned £20,350 in 2012 working with Global Partners & Associates, on their Foreign Office contract to provide mentoring and support services to Parliamentarians and their staff in the Iraqi Parliament.
In June 2012, the Iraq Foundation paid for Munn to speak at a regional meeting in Amman, Jordan, for women parliamentarians from the Middle East and North Africa region, held under the auspices of the foundation, the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, and UN Women.
- Westminster Foundation for Democracy - Vice-chair
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Climate Change Group
- Robert Winnett, MPs' expenses: Dennis Bates, husband of MP Meg Munn, paid for tax advice by ministers, Telegraph, 25 May 2009.
- Meg Munn, www.parliament.uk, accessed 23 March 2013.
- BBC News Sheffield Heeley MP Meg Munn to stand down at election, 27 January 2014, accessed 15 May 2015.
- BBC News Sheffield Heeley, accessed 15 May 2015.
- About Meg Munn, Meg Munn MP, accessed 23 March 2013.
- Meg Munn MP Vice Chair, Westminster Foundation for Democracy, accessed 23 March 2013.
- Meeting the Kurdistan President, Meg Munn MP, 13 March 2009.
- [http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/120709/munn_meg.htm The Register of Members' Financial Interests: Part 1 As at 9th July 2012], www.parliament.uk, accessed 24 March 2013.
- The Register of Members' Financial Interests: Part 1 As at 11th March 2013, www.parliament.uk, accessed 24 March 2013.