Laura Sandys (born 1964) was the Conservative Party member of Parliament (MP) for South Thanet from the May 2010 to May 2015 general elections.
In November 2013 Sandys announced she would not be standing in the 2015 general election due to 'a wide range of family demands' meaning she would be unable to deliver 'the level of dedication and service needed' as an MP. She was replaced by Craig Mackinlay, who held off the challenge from UKIP leader Nigel Farage to hold the seat.
- Security Futures - former director along Adam Werritty and lobbyist Iain Stewart
- Sophie Thompson - lobbyist at Brevia Consulting previously worked for Sandys as a parliamentary adviser
- former Member of the Smart Cities All-Party Parliamentary Group
- BBC News Laura Sandys to stand down as Conservative MP in 2015, 25 November 2013, accessed 22 May 2015.
- BBC News Thanet South, accessed 22 May 2015.
- Laura Sandys, Election 2010 UK Political Database, accessed 31 August 2012.