Jane Biran is a former magistrate and Zionist activist formerly known as Jane Moonman when she was married to Eric Moonman. She was previously known as Margradel Dillon during her school days at Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School in Rossendale, Lancashire.
Biran reportedly graduated from Liverpool University and began her career working at the the British Institute of Management  where Eric Moonman worked as a Human Relations Adviser between 1956 and 1962 - the year they were married.  Like Eric Moonman she later became involved in Zionist organisations. She edited the 1980 edition of The Zionist Yearbook, published by the Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland, was affiliated with the British-Israel Public Affairs Committee (BIPAC) from at least November 1986, and is reported to have been its Director in 1990. In a biographical note in 1987 Moonman is described as 'a magistrate and a trustee of the Basildon Emergency Accommodation Project. The note also describes her as the 'director of a public relations organisation'.
She divorced Moonman in the early 1990s and married Israel’s former ambassador to the UK Yoav Biran. She moved with her new husband to Jerusalem and was appointed as the Jerusalem Foundation's liaison with Britain. According to a Jerusalem Post report:
- Jane Biran, a new immigrant of less than two weeks' standing, already has a job. Her appointment as the Jerusalem Foundation's liaison with Britain was arranged before she and husband Yoav, Israel's former ambassador to the Court of St. James, left London. Biran was previously married to British Labor parliamentarian Eric Moonman. As his wife and as a journalist and director of BIPAC, she made friends with some of the most influential people here and in England.
- Friends of BRGS, Spring 2007, accessed 11 July 2008
- 'Moonmans: a Zionist family team, Jewish Chronicle, 28 August 1987, p.7.
- ‘MOONMAN, Eric’, Who's Who 2012, A & C Black, 2012; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2011 ; online edn, Nov 2011
- Jane Moonman, ‘Letter: Medical Care and Military Occupcation’, The Lancet, Volume 2, Issue 8516, pp.1160-1160, 15 November 1986
- Virginia Myers, ‘London Israel Jamboree’, The Jerusalem Report, 20 December 1990
- 'Notes on Contributors' in Eric Moonman, (Ed.) The Violent Society, London: Frank Cass, 1987, p. 168.
- Greer Fay Cashman, ‘Chowing down with Bill and Hillary for a happy anniversary’, The Jerusalem Post, 22 October 1993
- Greer Fay Cashman 'Chowing down with Bill and Hillary for a happy anniversary' The Jerusalem Post October 22, 1993, Friday Pg. 8B