Irshad Manji is a senior fellow with the European Foundation for Democracy and founder of both the Moral Courage Project at New York University's Wagner School of Public Service and the mostly online Project Ijtihad . She is a journalist and author, her columns are distributed world wide by the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Times, Al-Arabiya.net and other media outlets. She also released the documentary Faith Without Fear which was about "reconciling Islam with human rights and freedom".
In 2006 she was one of twelve signatories of Manifesto: Together Facing the New Totalitarianism together with Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Caroline Fourest, Bernard-Henri Lévy, Taslima Nasreen, Salman Rushdie, Antoine Sfeir, Philippe Val, and Ibn Warraq. The manifesto starts as follows: "After having overcome fascism, Nazism, and Stalinism, the world now faces a new totalitarian global threat: Islamism."
- The Trouble With Islam Today: A Muslim’s Call for Reform in Her Faith
- The Trouble With Islam Today: A Wake-up Call for Honesty and Change
- Risking Utopia: on the Edge of a New Democracy
- Critical Thinkers for Islamic Reform
- [MANIFESTO: Together facing the new totalitarianism, signatory.
Contact and Resources
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Irshad Manji Home
- Facebook: Facebook
- Myspace: Myspace
- Twitter: Twitter