Glover Park Group
Glover Park Group is a US PR and lobbying firm.
They have offices in Washington, New York and Los Angeles and provide services in Advocacy and Image Advertising, Corporate Communications, Issues and Crisis Management, Legislative Affairs, Media Relations, Public Affairs and Research.
On its website, Glover Park Group advertises its links with Government by stating:
- Winning in Washington starts with knowing decision-makers and understanding the environment in which they operate. GPG’s Government Relations team has worked for and among opinion leaders, and we know how to reach them. Our experience, reputation, and relationships will allow your issues to be heard above the din of the legislative process..
Attack on fuel-mileage standards
In May 2007, the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers (AAM) launched an ad campaign "to stoke grassroots opposition to a Senate bill that would raise fuel standards for cars and trucks by 10 miles per gallon over the next 10 years," reported The Hill. "The auto group plans to spend at least $1 million on the ad buy, a spokesman said. ... Fuel mileage standards for automobiles are currently set at 27.5 miles per gallon, and have not been raised since 1990'.
The Glover Park Group designed the "series of radio spots and print ads" for AAM, which "will run in 10 states," reported AdWeek. The ads claimed that the Senate bill "would make drivers less safe because automakers would have to build smaller cars in order to conform to the mandate'.
- Glover Park Group Services Accessed 20th March 2008
- Glover Park Group Services - Legislative Accessed 20th March 2008
- The Hill Auto group to attack fuel-mileage standards 25th May 2007. Accessed 20th March 2008
- Miller, S. (2007) AAM Fights Mileage Mandates AdWeek25th May 2007. Accessed 20th March 2008
- The Centre for Responsive Ethics Lobbying-Pfizer Accessed 11th March 2008