French media groups
List of large media groups operating in France
- Lagardère Group (Hachette Livre) – largest book and largest magazine publisher , fourth largest radio broadcaster
- Amaury Group – 37.8% press market share by circulation in 2011 - strong sports media interests (some papers sold to LVMH in 2015)
- Dassault – an arms firm, added Socpresse Group – 16.4% press market share by circulation in 2011, largest online news media. Owns Le Figaro.
- La Vie-Le Monde Group – 15% market share by circulation in 2011, second largest online news media. Owns Le Monde
- RTL Group - Owned by Bertelsmann, Germany – 2nd largest radio broadcaster, 3rd magazine publisher, 4th publisher.
- Altice/SFR - Owns Liberation, L’Express . Owner: Patrick Drahi
Selected French media titles
- Marianne Largest shareholder Robert Assaraf, died in March 2018. Taken over by Czech business man Daniel Kretinsky through his firm Czech Media Invest which also bought magazines from the Lagardere Group and part ownership of Le Monde.
- Le Parisien - owned by fashion and alcohol conglomerate LVMH
- Valeurs Actuelles - formerly owned by Socpresse, then owned by Valmonde a subsidiary of Sud Communication. Valmonde was acquired by Privinvest Medias a subdivision of the ship builder Privinvest in 2015.
- Le Point owned by Groupe Artémisa holding company composed of fashion, art, auctions and insurance firms.
- Le Nouvel Observateur owned by Groupe Nouvel Observateur
- France 2
- Europe 1