French media groups
List of large media groups operating in France
- Lagardère Group (Hachette Livre) – largest book and largest magazine publisher , fourth largest radio broadcaster
- Amaury Group – 37.8% press market share by circulation in 2011 - strong sports media interests (some papers sold to LVMH in 2015)
- Dassault – an arms firm, added Socpresse Group – 16.4% press market share by circulation in 2011, largest online news media. Owns Le Figaro.
- La Vie-Le Monde Group – 15% market share by circulation in 2011, second largest online news media. Owns Le Monde
- RTL Group - Owned by Bertelsmann, Germany – 2nd largest radio broadcaster, 3rd magazine publisher, 4th publisher.
- Altice/SFR - Owns Liberation, L’Express . Owner: Patrick Drahi