Dennis Ross (born 16 November 1948) is a veteran Israel lobbyist who has served in the Obama Administration as a Special assistant to the president and senior director of the Central Region at the National Security Council since June 2009. He formerly served as a Sspecial Middle East Coordinator in the Clinton Administration, responsible for mediating the peace negotiations between the Israelis as Palestinians. According to Aaron David Miller, one of his subordinates, he and his team frequently served as 'Israel's lawyers.' While serving at the Pentagon in the Carter administration, he also co-authored a study with Paul Wolfowitz which debuted the idea of military action against Iraq.
- Washington Institute for Near East Policy - Ziegler fellow
- Project for the New American Century - Signatory
- Jewish People Policy Planning Institute - Board member
- Rightweb Dennis Ross
- Clyde Haberman, Dennis Ross's Exit Interview, New York Times Magazine, 25 March 2001
- Aaron David Miller, [Israel's Lawyer], Washington Post, 23 May 2005