David Gauke is the Financial Secretary to the Treasury.
Gauke was educated at Northgate High School in Ipswich, he went on to read law at St Edmund Hall, Oxford University. After a year of working as a parliamentary researcher, he attended Chester College of Law where he became a trainee solicitor. 
- Conservative Friends of Israel - Gauke revealed in 2006 during a debate about Britain's Iran Policy that he had recently been flown to Israel by on trip funded by CFI.
- Ministerial appointments: July 2014, Prime Minister's Office, 15 July 2014.
- Full list of new cabinet ministers and other government appointments, guardian.co.uk, 13 May 2010.
- [https://www.gov.uk/government/people/david-gauke Financial Secretary to the Treasury David Gauke MP] GOV.UK, accessed 10 October 2014
- BPCIF, "David Gauke MP: Iran has an appalling record of exporting terror", British Parliamentary Committee for Iran Freedom, 1 February 2006, accessed on 22 December 2010