He was appointed to 'Brexit' Secretary by incoming Prime Minister Theresa May on 13 July 2016, a new brief created by May to help coordinate Britain's departure from the European Union. Davis has been a staunch proponent of Brexit and campaigned devotedly for 'Vote Leave' in the referendum of 2016. 
Davis, a veteran Conservative won his seventh successive election campaign when he was re-elected in the 2015 general election. He further increased his majority to 16,195 over closest rival Labour Party candidate Edward Hart, and gained 54% of the vote. 
Stance on fracking
- Raoul Ruparel (co-director at Open Europe)
- James Chapman (former aide to George Osborne from 2015, former political editor at The Daily Mail)
- Rt Hon David Davis, www.parliament.uk, accessed 4 November 2012.
- 'Who's in who's out? May's new cabinet', 14 July 2016, BBC News, accessed 15 July 2016
- General Election:David Davis increases majority in Haltemprice and Howden Hull Daily Mail, 8 May 2015, accessed 12 May 2015
- Electoral Commission Search: Arbuthnot Banking Group Plc, accessed 1 July 2015.
- Electoral Commission, Donation search, accessed 2 March 2015