Chief of the Defence Staff
Revision as of 09:47, 13 June 2018 by David
The Chief of the Defence Staff (CDS) is the professional head of the British Armed Forces.
Chiefs of the Defence Staff
- Marshal of the Royal Air Force Sir William Dickson
- Admiral of the Fleet The Earl Mountbatten of Burma
- Field Marshal Sir Richard Hull
- Marshal of the Royal Air Force Sir Charles Elworthy
- Admiral of the Fleet Sir Peter Hill-Norton
- Field Marshal Sir Michael Carver
- Marshal of the Royal Air Force Sir Andrew Humprey
- Admiral of the Fleet Sir Edward Ashmore
- Marshal of the Royal Air Force Sir Neil Cameron
- Admiral of the Fleet Sir Terence Lewin
- Field Marshal Sir Edwin Bramall
- Admiral of the Fleet Sir John Fieldhouse
- Marshal of the Royal Air Force Sir David Craig
- Field Marshal Sir Richard Vincent
- Marshal of the Royal Air Force Sir Peter Harding
- Field Marshal Sir Peter Inge
- General Sir Charles Guthrie
- Admiral Sir Michael Boyce 2001-2003
- General Sir Michael Walker
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Jock Stirrup 2006-2010
- General Sir David Richards (born 1952) 29 October 2010- 18 July 2013
- General Sir Nick Houghton (born 1954) 18 July 2013 - 14 July 2016
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Stuart Peach (born 1956) 14 July 2016 - 11 June 2018
- General Sir Nicholas Carter (born 1959) 11 June 2018 - present
The Mod/Defence Academy does not publish the membership of the committee, the members listed are those that have revealed their membership online.
- Defence Organisation, Ministry of Defence, 29 November 2010.
- Defence Academy https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/development-concepts-and-doctrine-centre Development, Concepts and Doctrine Centre], Accessed 12 June 2018.